Customer feedback system: Scheduled maintenance between 7:00 and 8:00, 24 September 2020 More information
Due to updates there may be interruptions in our online services from 23.00 on 24 September until 02.00 on 25 September More information
Interruption in online customer service 26 September 06:00-17:00 More information
When pregnant and with a newborn
- Maternity grant
- You can choose between a maternity package and a €170 cash benefit.
- The determination of parental allowances will change
- Starting from 1 January 2020 the allowance for parents is determined on the basis of an annual income.
- Maternity allowance
- Maternity allowance is paid for about 4 months during the maternity leave.
- Paternity allowance
- Paternity allowance is paid for about 9 weeks during the paternity leave.
- Parental allowance
- Either the mother or father can take a parental leave.
- Child benefit
- Child benefit is paid for children under the age of 17.
Child care allowances
- Child home care allowance
- Mother or father looks after the child at home.
- Private day care allowance
- Child under school age is looked after by a caregiver paid by the family or a private day care provider.
- Flexible care allowance
- Parent works up to 30 hours a week, using the remaining time to look after a child under 3 years of age.
- Partial care allowance
- Parent works up to 30 hours a week, using the remaining time to look after a child in the 1st or 2nd year of school.