Customer feedback system: Scheduled maintenance between 7:00 and 8:00, 24 September 2020 More information
Due to updates there may be interruptions in our online services from 23.00 on 24 September until 02.00 on 25 September More information
Interruption in online customer service 26 September 06:00-17:00 More information
- Disability allowance for persons under 16 years
- The disability allowance is intended to provide support in the everyday life of children with a disability or chronic illness.
- Disability allowance for persons aged 16 years or over
- The disability allowance is intended to provide support for young persons and adults with a disability or chronic illness as regards their daily life, studies and work.
- Care allowance for pensioners
- The care allowance is intended to provide support for pensioners with a disability or chronic illness as regards their daily life, maintaining of functional ability, rehabilitation and care.
Economic support and compensations
- Rehabilitation allowance
- Provides economic security during participation in rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation allowance for young persons
- Young persons can be granted rehabilitation allowance during studies or other rehabilitation intervention whose purpose is to help the client move into work.
- The national pension provides economic support during incapacity for work. Low-income pensioners can also receive a guarantee pension.
- Housing benefits
- Kela provides assistance with housing costs in a number of different ways. If your income is small, you can apply for a housing allowance.
- Reimbursement for medicine expenses
- Kela pays reimbursement for medicines, clinical nutrients and emollient creams prescribed to you for the treatment of your illness.
- Reimbursement for travel costs
- Reimbursement can be paid for travel costs in connection with health care and rehabilitation.
- Social assistance
- Basic social assistance may be available if income and assets do not cover essential daily expenses.